Behind the work that we do at AMEF, there is a team tirelessly striving to change the lives of poor farmers living in fragile ecosystems. If you want to contribute to our mission, you are welcome to work with us.
Working for an NGO in general and for farmers development in particular calls for a different set of competencies. If you feel you have at-least four of the following competencies/qualities in you, you may reach out to us.
- Have passion for ecological farming/organic agriculture
- Have training/expertise in sustainable agriculture
- Have programme management skills
- Am a good trainer
- Have good writing skills in English
- Have good editing skills
- Can work in teams
- Can communicate well orally in English and in Kannada/Tamil
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office tools – Word/Excel/Access/Powerpoint
- Can work in rural areas in Karnataka/Tamil Nadu
Interested? Email us your resume at email@example.com
We will contact you based on availability of opportunities within the organization.
Position: Assistant Editor
AME Foundation (www.amefound.org) is a development organization working with small and marginal farmers in South India. LEISA India (www.leisaindia.org), is a quarterly magazine on ecological agriculture sharing practical field experiences is brought out by AME Foundation. LEISA India is produced in English and 7 Indian languages.
To edit LEISA India English magazine, coordinate production of other language editions and edit AMEF’s publications, including printed materials and internet content.
Term of Employment: Full-time
Position Location: Bangalore
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
• Source and edit articles for the English magazine
• Coordinate with consultants/partners in producing 7 language editions
• Edit AMEFs internal written materials
• Edit the written content of AMEF’s websites
• Raise revenue from advertisements
• Perform any other editorial functions assigned by the ED
• Degree in agriculture/journalism/mass communication.
• Minimum of three years of practical editing experience of farm journals/magazines
• Proven excellent knowledge of English grammar and usage
• Excellent research and coordinating skills
• Computer proficiency, Net sauvy
• Proven ability to stick to deadlines
• Knowledge of Kannada/Telugu/Tamil is desirable
How to Apply:
Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. before 25th October 2021.