Behind the work that we do at AMEF, there is a team tirelessly striving to change the lives of poor farmers living in fragile ecosystems. If you want to contribute to our mission, you are welcome to work with us.
Working for an NGO in general and for farmers development in particular calls for a different set of competencies. If you feel you have atleast four of the following competencies/qualities in you, you may reach out to us.
- Have passion for ecological farming/organic agriculture
- Have training/expertise in sustainable agriculture
- Have programme management skills
- Am a good trainer
- Have good writing skills in English
- Have good editing skills
- Can work in teams
- Can communicate well orally in English and in Kannada/Tamil
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office tools – Word/Excel/Access/Powerpoint
- Can work in rural areas in Karnataka/Tamil Nadu
Interested? Email us your resume at email@example.com
We will contact you based on availability of opportunities within the organisation.
AME Foundation is an NGO promoting ecological agriculture for more than three decades with small and marginal farmers in rain fed areas of Southern India. (www.amefound.org). For more than two decades has been promoting knowledge sharing on ecological agriculture through LEISA India (www.lesisaindia.org). Currently, is involved in promoting a multifunctional knowledge base on practical experiences of Sustainable Agriculture.
Position: Information Specialist for a project handled by AME Foundation
Qualifications: BE/MCA/Masters in Information Technology/Masters in Information Science
Desirable Experience: 5-10 years
- Proven experience in guiding design and implementation of data base/knowledge base/information storage and retrieval systems/dynamic web platforms
- Familiarity with emerging digital technologies, multilingual and multifunctional content for web platforms
- Tech Sauvy and familiarity with emerging digital opportunities and social networking
- Experience in dealing with agricultural knowledge systems/databases/ content preparation
- Proven experience in indexing/ preparing keywords/ descriptors/identifiers for text/ multimedia content – usage of thesauri, std vocabulary as well as free text systems
- Proven experience in preparing information abstracts/summaries/reviews/case studies
Interested persons may share their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 30.09.2020